Friday, June 7, 2013

a skydiving experience to remember

Assalamualaikum wbt, and hi again!

some say skydivers have a death wish, others call them adrenaline junkies. well, i wouldn't disagree on either count, but my reason for taking the jump is just as valid as anyone else's, its a life altering experience and experience the thrill. i've listed up a bunch of things that i wish to do every year in my previous entry.. and alhamdulillah, praise to be with Allah, He made this wish came true.

with the 5 of us, me, Farhana, Atiyyah , Naiman and Syafik, we were all thrilled of waiting for that day to come. Praying that the weather will be on our side since for the past few days it was pouring rain.

the day has finally arrived and alhamdulillah, it was a bright sunny day. Blissful! From Olomouc, we went to Kunovice by train, and Mr Emil Franek (the guy that managed our booking) welcomed us at the train station. Surprisingly, we were introduced to Milka, my pilot for the day. and Milka is the one and only woman for tandem pilot. tabik springggg!!!! She's tall, with 1.8m height, no wonder she's qualified to be a professional tandem pilot. orang kemetot macam saya ni sila berangan lah ye nak jadi tandem pilot.


So, we were brought to the airport by Milka. The airport is in the southern part of Kunovice.

Kunovice, Czech Republic



At first, we hung out in the waiting hall, while watching other professional parachute jumpers and tandem pilots getting ready with our equipment. We witnessed the jumpers come and go as they took turns skydiving. And we signed on some piece of papers , about the rules and regulations , safety and medical confirmation that there's no problem with my health

Yes, i was more than excited at that moment, hahaha. They took us to 14,000 feet and i asked myself again, 'are you sure you want to do this fatimah zaharah?' HELL YEAHHH!!


   Freefall was above all a great deal of adrenalin. This experience was absolutely moments many people cannot even imagine, and there is no other way hot to get them, unless you go skydiving!! the freefall took around 1 minute, at the speed of 200-250km per hour. Milka told me not to scared , instead of just enjoy every seconds of it. and its true! There is no need to be afraid of falling, the sensation is more like flying, as you have your own wings and the air serves as a cushion... aaaa~~~ Freefall thrill did get into each and every part of my body, it was truly exhilarating!


nampak tak muka overeksaited makk? 



Before exiting the plane, i have to shift my weight onto the harness and bend my body. I practiced this before on the ground several times with Milka. This position will take me throughout the freefill till the time my tandem master opens the parachute.During the jump, my part was almost passive, nothing i can do, just relax and listen to advice of Milka, an experienced tandem master to whom I harnessed during the whole skydive. The one and only task before touching the ground is to lift my legs and tandem master will make a soft landing. ehh, not forgetting, the last thing was just smiling at the video camera. Thanks to my tandem instructor, she made me feel safe and it was just an easy jump. She also allowed me to handle the parachute for few minutes dohhh!!! and thanks to herrrrr, I really did get to enjoy every seconds of it!!



It was very noisy the air rushing passing and the windy with misty clouds around.The free fall last for about few minutes, meanwhile i was struggling doing the post that i've been practicing before, but it was freaking hard. The wind blew in my face, and i just try my hardest to turn my face towards the camera. Its amazing how these guys do this photo and video capturing, while turning upside down above the sky, quite a skill!!!



Once the parachute opens, everything goes quite and i feel absolutely peaceful. The view up there was an absolute beauty!  These were the moments that i will never forget in life. What a view! What an awesome experience, you were like a bird, having your own wings, flyingggg!!! the view was magnificent, SUBHANALLAH! I cannot describe in words, you can only experience it. You guys have to try this!!



hehehehehe


as someone said,
 'life is not remembered by your breaths, it is remembered by your experiences and moments' 
and i'll definitely won't forget about this day!


No comments:

Post a Comment